Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Google Finance update...

Since it's launch, I have been very impressed with the unique way Google Finance have been designed. Specially the dynamic expanding/shrinking graph, associated with the news items so that you can tell what happened to the stock price at the time of the news. I remember also that there was no feedback link in that service in the beginning, which was kind of a let down for me. I thought that means this is the kind of one time practice that's never going to be revisited. Well, apparently I was wrong.

Few days back, Google posted on their official blog about the new and improved Google Finance, which now contains from the main page:

- Section Summary: The ups/downs of each sector as a progress bar, indicating the percentage of change as well.
- Market summary graph for the Dow, Nasdaq, and S&P 500.
- Today's News
- Top Movers
- Recent Quotes: Hint that you can search Google for stock symbols and you are done, e.g. GOOG

Charts are also now more comprehensive with over 40 years of data for US Stocks. Despite being so late in the game, so far I prefer Google Finance over the rest.

No comments: