Sunday, December 24, 2006

Give your handset sometime to heal

One of the trivial ways people usually lose their mobile handset is when it falls into water, or sometimes when babies chew it and their spit cause its circuits to disfunction. The latter happened with my Nokia 6600 phone 3 weeks back when I suddenly found out only the zero button does not work! This means I cannot call numbers with ZERO, or send an SMS of more than 1 word (zero is the space button). Ofcourse it was later I used the new line break to write SMS.

I was still holding to a hope however that within few hours the phone would dry and get back to normal. I opened the phone and started drying it from inside. I was shocked by how wet it was! All my attempts however did no good. Not even after a day or two, nor a week or two. I just went lazy on replacing the phone, which is a must now until this morning. I was half a sleep when I heard the phone battery going dead. Later on I recharged and started it, and voila! The magic happened and the zero button is working better than ever.

I don't want to curse it or suggest this would always be the case, but the point is, with little care and try, you can save your self the cost of new phone.

No comments: